Re: Any reports from yesterday? --> Tuesday Davenport

From: TWavo@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Wed Apr 02 1997 - 22:30:23 PST

Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 01:30:23 -0500 (EST)
From: TWavo@aol.com-DeleteThis
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Any reports from yesterday? --> Tuesday Davenport

Heading down the coast late yesterday (Tuesday) I thought that the jetty at
El Granada was looking pretty good so I decided to save the extra 35 minutes
and get wet. Trying my luck one more time at this place It seemed pretty
good, but as usual once on the water the wind was super flukey. No wind at
the waves except for knee- jerk- gusts. There were three other sailors out
and one of the guys was really stoked because it was his first time out in
the ocean. One of the other sailors exploded his sail so he wasn't quite as
happy.

I caught some waves and waddled around and enjoyed myself once again trying
to make this fickled place work. 5.3 on a Seatrend 9'0 (#190).
I've sailed the beach there about 5 times and two of them were excellent with
gusty winds, but nicely shaped waves. The other times were just frustrating.

Did anyone in the group sail Waddel or Scotts?