Re: messge from B7871 @ AOL

From: Jon Morse (jon_morse@ibex.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Apr 01 1997 - 09:22:37 PST

Date: Tue, 01 Apr 1997 09:22:37 -0800
From: Jon Morse <jon_morse@ibex.com-DeleteThis>
To: "wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis" <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: messge from B7871 @ AOL

I have to agree with Bob. I have been sailing the north coast for a few
years now and have had my fair share of mishaps and would urge great
caution when going to one of these spots vs. Waddell for wave sailing.

Yesterday was crowded at Palo, and there were 6 sailors. Ok, those of
you who have never been there and have seen Waddell with 40, don't start
drooling. This is not a wide open beach break, particularily if you are
not an experienced wave sailor (which I'm barely after 6 years), and it
does not take well to lots of bodies when you are also trying to dodge
large rocks and stay out of Discovery.

There are no park rangers at this spot like Waddell, there is no
emergency call box like Waddell, and cell phones work only on occasion.

Not to mention if you were injured there, it could take hours to get an
injured sailor and his/her gear back to a vehicle and medical care. And
yes injuries can happen, I had 18 stiches above my left eye after a
jumping mishap at Tuba three years ago.

I'm sure everyone can imagine how I felt sailing back to Limantour from
Tuba bleeding and chumming......