Thursday @ 3rd

From: Brennen, Don P (dpbrenn) (dpbrenn@pbsrv04.isp.PacBell.COM-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Mar 28 1997 - 10:54:00 PST

Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 10:54:00 -0800
From: "Brennen, Don P (dpbrenn)" <dpbrenn@pbsrv04.isp.PacBell.COM-DeleteThis>
Subject: Thursday @ 3rd
To: "'wind_talk'" <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>

All those windy days in February and March, and I passed them up. Why?
 I've been so absorbed with mtnbiking lately (bought a new Trek Y, carbon
fiber frame, etc.), I haven't thought much about sailing. Well, that
all changed yesterday. 3rd was averaging 25 (Coyote COTW, best @
4:45pm).
3:30pm averaging 21, took that as my "marker" and zipped on over.
 4:00pm, averaging 20, thought it would drop, starting rigging 5.0 (for
my 165lbs), but noticed sailors coming in to rig down. 4:15pm, hit the
water on my 4.5 Ezzy wave and 8'8" RKT, OP'ed but loving it. 4:45pm,
OP'ed but contemplating my health. 5:00pm, changed out boards to my 8'6"
Heavy. Still OP'ed but managed to make it out to the channel where I was
greeted by the "mother of sweet ebbs"; faces and troughs to ride, and
jump and carve and jibe. Whoa! I was reborn and my spirit has been
rekindled to the joy and excitement of sailing. Hallelujah brother.
 I've never thought of myself as being particularly religious, ...ah
maybe its a cult thing ;-). And the water wasn't cold either.

Windguy