RE: Any information about water quality in HMB

From: JAMES_CONWAY@HP-PaloAlto-om8.om.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Fri Mar 21 1997 - 15:01:07 PST

From: JAMES_CONWAY@HP-PaloAlto-om8.om.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 97 15:01:07 -0800
Subject: RE: Any information about water quality in HMB
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis

Item Subject: WIND_TALK digest 522
     SAILORS:

     The water contamination situation remains more or less unchanged.

      The warning sign is posted, and the area from the beach adjacent the
     Shorebird Restuarant/Barbara's Fishtrap southward to the S. limit of the
     public fishing pier should be considered a NO CONTACT AREA.

     The problem is due to a sanitary sewer pipe that has suffered damage and is
     leaking diluted sewage and kitchen waste into the harbor. The Shorebird
     has addressed several minor plumbing problems at there end after being
     alerted to this problem. The rest is up to El Granada and San Mateo County
     who promises to improve the situation concurrent with the proposed Pillar
     Point Village development pending approval.

     I am not aware of anyone contracting any illnesses or becoming sick from
     water exposure in the Harbor. BUT BE WARNED, MINIMIZE INGESTING WATER FROM
     PILLAR POINT HARBOR. RINSE YOUR GEAR AND YOURSELF.

     FLUSH YOUR MOUTH OUT WELL AFTER SAILING.
     Get vacinated for Hepatitus B.

     More information ..Call me evenings 415-728-0766

     James Conway
     JWC in Pillar Point Harbor.

     PS. SUNDAY was great!