Waddel report

From: Zeev Gur (Zeev_Gur@peoplesoft.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Mar 11 1997 - 19:02:36 PST

To: wind_talk <wind_talk@jr.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
From: Zeev Gur <Zeev_Gur@peoplesoft.com-DeleteThis>
Date: 11 Mar 97 19:02:36
Subject: Waddel report

Worked all night to make sure that I could make it down to
waddel during the early afternoon. On the drive over the San
Mateo bridge, 3rd avenue looked pretty good. I just could not
pass up waves and clean water for flat brown water of the bay.
The summer is not far, there will be many days @3rd.

By the look of the water on the way down, I did not think that
much sailing was going on - wrong. It was perfect 5.2/8'8"(205#).
Most of the 'normal' weight people were on 4.7's. The waves were
perfect knee/shoulder high. There are some hot sailors @ waddel.

One of the times when I was headed out I got a bunch of speed and
hit a big ass wave going way too fast. Wound up doing 1/2 a loop -
I wish that I was not such a chicken shit - just tuck and rotate man!
Maybe next time.......It is so great to have waves to jump, makes
you feel like you really know how to jump far and high.

Tomorrow looks pretty sweet, if you trust the marine forecast folks.
Too bad that work takes place when the wind is blowing.......