Thursday tuba report

From: Zeev Gur (Zeev_Gur@peoplesoft.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Feb 27 1997 - 18:19:03 PST

To: wind_talk <wind_talk@jr.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
From: Zeev Gur <Zeev_Gur@peoplesoft.com-DeleteThis>
Date: 27 Feb 97 18:19:03
Subject: Thursday tuba report

On my drive all the trees that are usually calm were whipping around so
I was guessing that this was going to be a big blow. It was weird pulling into
the parking lot and not seeing ANY other cars.

By the look of the water, all white, I decided to go with 4.3/8'5"(205#). For
my size
this setup usually handles all but the most windy days of the year. Today was
one of
those days. I got completely hammered on the 4.3, even after I made the sail
so flat that
it resembled a sheet of plywood.

After an hour of fun - getting launched, going waaaay tooo fast, scary jibes,
big waves -
I decided to go to my smallest sail 3.7 - perfect! I was a little hesitant
about using such a
small sail with no other people around. After I caught the first wave, all of
my concerns
faded away. That sand bar that was discussed in a previous posting is
awesome. Around
2:30 the tide was perfect and the waves started to build to about waist/logo
high. By 4pm
my arms were total Jell-O and I had work that needed to get done. What an
amazing sesh!

This year is off to an awesome start! Those who are doing the wind dances -
please keep it
up ;-)

"Any way the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me...."