WS Van for sale (SF Peninsula)

From: George Bunting (gwb@netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Jan 28 1997 - 12:47:24 PST

Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 12:47:24 -0800
From: gwb@netcom.com-DeleteThis (George Bunting)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: WS Van for sale (SF Peninsula)
Cc: gwb@netcom.com-DeleteThis

1989 Dodge Caravan in good condition (everything works), with
relatively low mileage (81 K). Vehicle is light blue, with dark
privacy glass, air conditioning, CD player, and Class I tow hitch
and wiring for towing a lightweight (e.g. Laser) dinghy.

Powertrain is the reliable 2.5L fuel-injected 4-cylinder engine with
5-speed manual trans (25 MPG average), not the notorious Chrysler
4-speed automatic, or Mitsubishi 3.0L V6 with leaky valve guides.

Seats 7 with rear bench seats installed, but both are easily removed
to convert to windsurfing/cargo van with sliding passenger-side
door and rear hatch that provides excellent sun protection while
waiting for wind to arrive. Plenty of room inside for short boards,
2-piece masts, sails, and equipment, plus roof luggage rack for
anything over 10 feet long. Seats are little used, in excellent
condition.

After 2 years ownership, I'm trading up to a new extended-length
Caravan with a beefier powertrain and factory tow package needed to
pull a larger sailboat. Service records are also available.

Asking $5900. Call (415) 254-4017, leave voicemail if necessary.

-George (gwb@netcom.com-DeleteThis)