Third on Tuesday

From: Schumacher, Rich (RSchumache@os.varian.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Mar 13 1996 - 10:24:14 PST

From: RSchumache@os.varian.com-DeleteThis (Schumacher, Rich)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis ('wind_talk')
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 1996 10:24:14 -0800
Subject: Third on Tuesday

I couldn't stand waiting any more. The wind reports were good, but kind of
northerly. It was pouring rain when I escaped from work at 2:00 pm. I didn't
care, I had to sail ! Rolled in the parking lot around 2:30, saw a couple
cars in the lot, 2 or 3 sails on the water. One guy came in, said he was
fully powered on 4.5 . It looked like it was dropping a little, so I rigged
5.0 (Tiga 257, 170 lb). The wind was so far to the north that the sailing
reach was straight down to the bridge and back. The wind was up and down,
but not gusty. It just sort of ramped up and down, I was mostly powered
until a little before 4, when it dropped off. Water and air temps were very
comparable to HMB storm days, I was plenty warm in my 4/3 steamer. All in
all, an excellent session, it's good to be back on the bay!

Rich