True photojournalism

From: MS BOBBI NODELL-TANGEN (LHZD35A@prodigy.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Dec 12 1995 - 23:23:58 PST

Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 02:23:58 EST
From: LHZD35A@prodigy.com-DeleteThis (MS BOBBI NODELL-TANGEN)
To: wind_talk@jr.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: True photojournalism

See the Oakland Tribune on Wednesday for a possible picture and story

of windsurfers at Crown Beach in Alameda.
!!!
My wife works at the Trib. and this morning (Tues) as I was getting
dressed
for another day at the desk, I couldn't help but see that it was
kinda perfect
outside for one of those gnarly grueling winter sessions at Crown.
Not much rain, big south wind and warm temps. She said I was crazy
for
wanting to go out. Later she called me at work and said the paper
wanted
to do a story about it so I told a reporter that he better get his
ass down
there before the wind died (it was 10AM - wind died by noon).
So supposedly there will be some Alameda windlocos from early Tues.
morning sailing the bay (I bet thier slogging).
-
I also want to say goodbye to my sailing buddy this season.
He spent a year here in the SF area working as an astronomer-dude
at Berkeley. Now he's off to his home in Italy and then...who knows.

It was a good year and I know he'll be back.
Ciao Andrea
-
see ya. on the water...
-