bay area winter sailing

From: Veach, Dave (Veach@spaceapps.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Dec 07 1995 - 10:43:00 PST

From: "Veach, Dave" <Veach@spaceapps.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: bay area winter sailing
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 95 10:43:00 PST

Hi, I'm new to the list and I'm looking for anyone who might know of
anyplace to sail around the bay area in the winter. I normally sail Coyote
pt, San Luis forebay, or Rio Vista. (I haven't gotten into wave/surf
sailing yet) These spots seem to shut down during the winter and I don't
know about any "off season" spots locally (within a couple of hours of
Sunnyvale). Are there any? How often & how strong does it blow?

I don't own a dry suit that I can use for sailing (I have one but it's for
diving and too bulky) but I would invest in one if there was a spot that
blows with any kind of decent regularity (by that I mean consistently >15kt
during the day for a good part of the afternoon). I realize we don't get
the same thermal effects in the winter but maybe something else makes it
blow around here?

Any info/thoughts appreciated. Thanks, dave <veach@spaceapps.com-DeleteThis>
(6'00" 175lbs CFX 9'0" & Alpha 9'9")