Re: Xmas windsurfing?

From: Kirk Lindstrom (kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Dec 06 1995 - 07:35:59 PST

Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 07:35:59 -0800
From: Kirk Lindstrom <kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: bilbo@zoom.com-DeleteThis, wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Xmas windsurfing?

> Could somebody please suggest a good place to windsurf during Christmas/
> New Year time?

I hear Maui gets about a 60% hit rate in December, but it can be SO big
that there are double mast high waves hitting the North Shore where even
the easier-to-sail Kanaha is blown out.

Baja can be good. Blows for a few days and then doesn't blow for a few
is typical. Can be bad or good for weeks also. Supposidly pretty
predictable if you are a good weather person...I believe you want the
High to move into the North part of the Gulf of California for it to
blow in Los Barrilles. There is an airstrip there so you can fly if you
have a plane on short notice...

Costa Ricca is supposed to be excellent: High wind, but lots of chop at
Lake Arenal. Cheap accomodations.

Vella and Excursions Extroidinaire offer packages.

> Baja? Margarita? Dominican REpublic?
>

> Sergei Burkov, Ph.D.

Kirk out
ASD epoxy: 8'8" RKT, 8'11" CS & 9'6" no-nose CS; Mistral CFlex & Malibu
Wt 213#, Ht. 6'0", Usually sail on SF Bay, Cailf.
(kirk_lindstrom@sj.hp.com-DeleteThis)