Storm tracking

From: Jack Greenbaum (jackg@crc.ricoh.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Nov 30 1995 - 10:53:26 PST

To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Storm tracking
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 10:53:26 -0800
From: Jack Greenbaum <jackg@crc.ricoh.com-DeleteThis>

I've added a new link to the weather section of my web page. It's to the
"North Pacific Composites of Pressure Fields, Weather Observations and
Infrared Satellite Image" page at SFSU's California Regional Waether
Server. This gives presure, weather, and color-enhanced IR at 500mb,
300mb, and the surface. It seems to be updated every 12 hours (12 and 0
UTC or 4 am and 4 pm). The pressure analysis is great for tracking
storms and hitting the south winds the I SURE HOPE WILL COME later this
winter. It's also good for watching the North Pacific High (still out
there :-() durring the summer so you can see when it goes inland
(i.e. no wind).

The URL's are

http://squall.sfsu.edu/weather_CA/NP_press.html

   North Pacific Composites of Pressure Fields, Weather Observations and
   Infrared Satellite Images

http://squall.sfsu.edu/weather_CA.html

    The California Regional Weather Server at San Francisco State.

Jack Greenbaum -- Research Engineer, Ricoh California Research Center
Digital: jackg@crc.ricoh.com-DeleteThis | http://www.crc.ricoh.com/~jackg
Analog: (415) 496-5711 voice | 2882 Sand Hill Rd. Suite 115
         (415) 854-8740 fax | Menlo Park, CA 94025-7002