Re: Re[2]: Cellphones and VHF

From: Golink@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Thu Nov 16 1995 - 09:15:33 PST

Date: Thu, 16 Nov 1995 12:15:33 -0500
From: Golink@aol.com-DeleteThis
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Cellphones and VHF

I have good luck using the West Marine VHF plastic waterproof bag with a
zipplock second bag inside for security and then wearing the rig with string
arround my neck on the jest inside the wetsuit. This way there is minimum
abuse but only small radios or cellphones, about 1 inch thick will be
comfortable. I have been using this for two years without failure and dont
even know when I am wearing it, plus it adds balance weight where it counts.
You may want to replace the bag yearly and do not open and close it too much
as this can cause seam breakage. I converted to a lithium nonrechargable
battery with a shelflife of 5 years. Designate this rig for windsurfing only
and test the rig in the bag monthly to make sure it works.