rio was(is) *SICK* today

From: KES2%CnoFfIoc%CTS@go50.comp.pge.com-DeleteThis
Date: Wed Oct 04 1995 - 15:05:48 PDT

From: KES2%CnoFfIoc%CTS@go50.comp.pge.com-DeleteThis
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 95 15:05:48 PDT
To: <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: rio was(is) *SICK* today

Rio report:

Sailed 10a-1:45p Fully powered to sh*t-in-your-pants overpowered on a
3.2/8'3" gorge animal(150#) at the jungle (btwn windy cove and glass beach).
Gusts had to blowing through in the 50+ range as I was lifted in the air 3ft.
by a gust while sailing on a broard reach (and no I didn't hit chop). Pfat
air was had by all (some unintentional). Powerlines was not happening due to
the northerly direction so I would guess the windtalkers were reading low,
although it was reading 22-50 avg 33 when I drove up (the 777-5807 number).

' looked like everyone was sailing sub 4.0, with most in the 3.3-3.7 range,.
It was interesting while driving out to sailing, that the wind didn't really
kick in until you passed the turnoff to sherman and turned to a more
northerly direction. The wind was showing no signs of letting up as I left,
and I would guess it will blow into the evening,.....so if anyone can sneak
away early I would definitely go for it.

Definitely an epic day and perhaps the best consistent 3.2 days this season.

Ken S.