Re: WIND_TALK digest 95

From: Will Estes (westes@usc.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Sep 27 1995 - 22:00:51 PDT

From: Will Estes <westes@usc.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: WIND_TALK digest 95
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 1995 22:00:51 -0700 (PDT)

'wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis says:'
> I am a fifteen year old sailor who lives in redwood city. my
> parents work all day and so i've got no ride. I normaly sail Cyote
> point, however I would love to go sail waddel. I get out of school at
> 2:05 PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!! when I sit in class now and look out the
> window and se trees moving I go frantic. PLEASE HELP !!!!!!

Only if you have a beautiful 20-year-old sister who wants to come
along.... :)

Seriously, though, are your parents cool with the idea of your doing
Waddell at this time of year? The surf's starting to get rougher as
we get closer to Winter, and the wind is much more likely to die off
quickly, leaving you out in the washing machine. Have you done any
surf-sailing? It's a lot different having a 6-foot wave crash on you
than a 6-foot swell.

I'll let the guys who surf sail all the time speak about the
conditions now; I just want to make sure you know what you are getting
into. You might want to try Natural Bridges first, before you jump to
Waddell.

--
Will Estes                              U.S. Computer
Internet: westes@usc.com-DeleteThis                POB 3150