3rd on Thursday -Reply

From: Ben Cristi (BENJAMIN_CRISTI@novell.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Sep 22 1995 - 13:41:57 PDT

Date: Fri, 22 Sep 1995 14:41:57 -0600
From: BENJAMIN_CRISTI@novell.com-DeleteThis  (Ben Cristi)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: 3rd on Thursday -Reply

That's the trick (pointing your board more downwind than for a regular
waterstart). Also, if your totally powered, flip your sail before pointing
the board upwind, otherwise the sail will get op'd, and tend to pull you
off balance while flipping it.

Ben

>>> Jack Greenbaum <jackg@cache.crc.ricoh.com-DeleteThis> 09/22/95 11:07am

Made my first clew-first water start after blowing a jibe. I'd tried that
before but somehow it just worked this time. Usually I give up and just flip
the sail and waterstart normally, but this time I pointed the board much
further off the wind then I had before and zip, up I went, flipped the sail,
and I was off. Much less work than flying and flipping the sail while my
body is in the water. Stoked.

-- Jack

140lbs, Tiga {260, 254}, Sailworks Race {5.6, 5.1, 4.6}, 3rd ave.
http://www.crc.ricoh.com/~jackg/windsurf.html