Re: The ultimate safety kit

From: Greg Payne (greg@jibe.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Sep 15 1995 - 07:44:47 PDT

Date: Fri, 15 Sep 1995 07:44:47 -0700
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
From: Greg Payne <greg@jibe.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: The ultimate safety kit

I've always wondered if I could swim back to the launch at 3rd from the far
side of the channel. Especially in really big chop in just a shorty. I
consider myself a strong swimmer although not a good long-distance swimmer.
I really have no idea how easy/difficult it would be. One of these days I
would like to get someone in a boat to take me out and follow me while I try
to swim back. Has anybody out there made that swim? How difficult is it?

greg