Re: Is the sport growing?

From: JMILUM.US.ORACLE.COM (JMILUM@us.oracle.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Aug 28 1995 - 12:13:02 PDT

Date: Mon, 28 Aug 95 12:13:02 PDT
From: "JMILUM.US.ORACLE.COM" <JMILUM@us.oracle.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Is the sport growing?

--Boundary-12565398-0-0

Not just 3rd. Crissy was so crowded you could barely get a parking spot at
2:30 and the wind was just starting to get good. There were so many people on
the water it was crazy.

Either the sport is attracting new people like crazy in the Bay Area, or a lot
of windsurfers are moving here. In the last year or two 3rd and Crissy have
both become at least 4 times as popular.

I didn't recognize half the people this weekend, I don't know where they came
from. With all the strangers around I guess it was inevitable that my friends
sail bag (with 3 North vertigos) and Mast bag (North Accelerator) were stolen
right off of his car as he was sailing.

As far as I am concerned it is not a question of how to get new people into
the sport, but how to deal with all the growth and the limited parking/sites
here in the Bay.

Thanks.

                                SELL SOFTWARE!!!

Jeff Milum