Re: Gorge Report: Aug 11-20, 3rd Sunday

From: Jim Paugh (James.Paugh@Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Aug 28 1995 - 09:06:26 PDT

Date: Mon, 28 Aug 1995 09:06:26 -0700
From: James.Paugh@Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis (Jim Paugh)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Gorge Report: Aug 11-20, 3rd Sunday

> Places we ate - all of which I recommend:
>
> Big City Chicks - fancy dishes from all over the world
> Montero's - Mexican
> Pietro's - pizza. <=== Blech! Try Andrews Pizza, much better!
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Mesquitery - BBQ
> Bo something - pizza
> China Gorge - Chinese
> the pizza joint in Arlington

I went with some friends to the new Skamania Lodge, near Stevenson, WA,
for an excellent Friday night buffet dinner. It included sushi, crab
legs, 4 different types of caviar, peal & eat shrimp, salmon (smoked &
broiled fresh), prime rib, all kinds of pasta & salads. It was truely
unbelievable (Did I mention the dessert table?). This "all you can eat"
buffet cost $19, and was well worth it. The Skamania Lodge was a government
"make work" project, to help boost the economy around Stevenson, WA. The
lodge has a 18 hole golf course, pool, tennis courts, etc (all open to
the public), as well as a super nice hotel. The dining room has a spectacular
view of the Columbia River. A highly recommended visit for some golf, or
the Friday night buffet. Take the Bridge of the Gods to WA, head east toward
Stevenson for about 1/2 mile, and make a left at the sign for the Skamania
Lodge.

~Jim