RE: fake news and the SFBA newsletter

From: Dag Johansen (Dagj@netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Aug 21 1995 - 17:35:17 PDT

Date: Mon, 21 Aug 1995 17:35:17 -0700
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
From: Dagj@netcom.com-DeleteThis (Dag Johansen)
Subject: RE: fake news and the SFBA newsletter

>Yeah, and I suppose everytime you access the Internet you should be
>greeted with a warning that the "Information posted here could be false."
>It's ambulance-chasing parasitic bloodsucking lawyers like you that have
>put the general aviation industry out of business, driven up health care
>and insurance costs, and stifled innovation in the high-tech industry,
>among other ills of our modern "society."

What? Did I say or even hint I was gonna sue him? No.
Key-rist, talk about blowing it out of proportion. I'm just
saying that I don't want my or anyone else's time wasted by hoaxes.

I know people post bullshit to the net all the time. I also know that
some people sink to slinging personal insults when you disagree with them.
I'm just registering my opinion that I dislike any intentional
post that may cause someone to waste their time. Luigi agrees.

>That
>"waste of time" argument is complete nonsense. If you ever went sailing,
>you'd know that this story was an obvious hoax.

I guess the people that reprinted it in the SFBA newsletter never go sailing.

>Jay is right on. Luigi's "stories" usually have boardhead-speak in them,
>language that no reporter in a general newspaper would ever use.

You guys are speaking out of both sides of your mouth. Half the time
you are congratulating him on writing a piece so good that it got
reprinted, and other half of the time you say it is so obviously
a hoax that no one should of believed it. Which is it? Whatever.

I guess everyone has made their points. N'uf said.

ObWindsurf: Swap meet at Helm Ski & Windsurf, Saturday, starts 10am
Helm Ski & Windsurf: 333 N. Amphlett Blvd., San Mateo (415) 344-2711

                -Dag

Dag Johansen
Blakely, Sokoloff, Taylor & Zafman Phone: (408) 720-8598
1279 Oakmead Parkway Fax : (408) 720-9397
Sunnyvale, CA 94086 WWW : http://www.bstz.com/