Re: How to jump?

From: Edward W. Scott (shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Sat Aug 19 1995 - 19:40:19 PDT

Date: Sat, 19 Aug 1995 19:40:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Edward W. Scott" <shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: How to jump?
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis

The only thing I would add is get a good compress of the knees at the base
of the ramp, and release (straighten) at the top. If you've ever
skate/snowboarded a half pipe, you know what I mean. The amount of
compress and release is proportional to height (in addition to the size of
the ramp). I like nice steep faces on port at Third/Coyote/Crissy. Tuck
your back foot in to prevent rounding up (overcompensate when learning).
Unfortunately, I'm still working on starboard, and my left foot falls out
sometimes (ouch!).

-shrEd
Ed Scott
shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis