Re: Re[2]: How to jump?

From: Jim Paugh (James.Paugh@Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Aug 18 1995 - 09:26:52 PDT

Date: Fri, 18 Aug 1995 09:26:52 -0700
From: James.Paugh@Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis (Jim Paugh)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Re[2]: How to jump?

> From: sdubois@advent.com-DeleteThis
>
> Breaking the board is not the only problem that can happen with a flat
> landing. Two months ago. I broke both my boom and my arm on impact
> while landing a 15-footer flat... shame shame shame...operator error.
> I always jump hooked. I've never found that much of a problem. You
> have to be able to de-hook during airtime if you need to bail out
> though...

I always jump hooked in. I find that if all goes well during my jump, I tend
to stay hooked in. When I've had to bail, from a tucked position, unhooking
usually just happens. If you are learning jumping, be aware of others around
you when dumping your rig in air. It's also tends to be very hard on your
equipment when you toss it in air. Start small, concentrating on control.
Working with small chop is a good starting point, you can get some nice air
off of small stuff, and it's good practice.

Stephane, how did a flat landing result in a broken arm? That sounds like
a nasty crash.

~Jim