Board for Sale: F2 260 Axis, 1993

From: Justin Gordon (justin@booza.mcm.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Aug 15 1995 - 18:29:27 PDT

Date: Tue, 15 Aug 1995 18:29:27 -0700
From: justin@booza.mcm.com-DeleteThis (Justin Gordon)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Board for Sale: F2 260 Axis, 1993

This was possibly the highest rated bump and jump board
for 1993. Matt Pritchard won the Killer Loop Classic with
it in 1993. It is 8'6, 94L, 18.4 lb, and includes deluxe Gorge Pads.
The board is in perfect condition, has never been repaired,
and never dinged. I am including both the stock wave fin and
a 13.75" True Ames Tear Drop (perfect too).
$475 (retail in 1993 $1067 w/o extra fin and gorge pads)

>From Windsurfing Magazine:
"As bump-and-jump boards go, the Axxis
is one of the best. It doesn't look special in any
way, but on the water it does everything you
want it to. It feels very fast, is quick on a plane,
has a wide wind range, and turns great.

The 260 sails like a smaller, more maneuverable board when
you want it to, but is also floaty throughout its length,
and therefore easy to tack and get going. You can easily
start having fun on this board with a 5.2, or even
a light 5.5, but we've had it out in the water down to good
4.0 conditions, without regrets. This is an outstanding
board for the first-time bump-and-jumper, or for any sailor
wanting to be out on a more maneuverable board in lighter
wind."

Note, I often sail this board with a 6.0 and it handles
great.

I can let you demo this board at Crissy if you like.

Justin

Justin Gordon
email: justin@mcm.com-DeleteThis
phone: 415.267.1287