Board Review: Bic Saxo 265

From: Justin Gordon (justin@booza.mcm.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Aug 07 1995 - 17:23:49 PDT

Date: Mon, 7 Aug 1995 17:23:49 -0700
From: justin@booza.mcm.com-DeleteThis (Justin Gordon)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Board Review: Bic Saxo 265

I just got back from the Gorge. Wind was okay, nothing epic.
It can be very gusty and up and down in the Gorge.

A friend was renting equipment and had a Saxo 265. I started
using it, both in the surf and in the swells, and really liked
it. By the end of the week, I was having so much fun with
the no-nose, flip tip design that I decided to buy one.

It's incredible to jump and slash around.

It was also a very good deal. I got it new, with 2 fins, base, extension,
pads, straps for $745 (got $50 bucks credit for the demo).
One of the fins was the Ian Boyd Air Born Classic.
Do any of you use that fin in the bay?

The other guys I was with had a tough time sailing it, although
they have not been sailing as long as I have.

Even thought the board has only 80L, I was able to tack it fairly
easily, and I even uphauled it once, with the boom just above water
level (I weight 195). I suspect the that flipped up tip makes it
easier to keep the board from submarining.

It jibes pretty well, but because it is so loose,
it is a bit tricky doing a high speed racing jibe. I think I just
need to get a bit more dialed into the board.

Has anybody else had any experience with this board?
It seems that the no nose, flip tip is the way to go for jumping
and surf.

Justin

Justin Gordon
email: justin@mcm.com-DeleteThis