Re: Where to stay in Costa Rica ?

From: LafingGuy@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Tue Jul 25 1995 - 10:45:26 PDT

Date: Tue, 25 Jul 1995 13:45:26 -0400
From: LafingGuy@aol.com-DeleteThis
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Where to stay in Costa Rica ?

Hola,
five of us went to arenal last year, it was great, we stayed at the Xilo (sp)
which is the closest hotel to the bic launch. We did rent a car, it's about
a 3 hour drive from the airport. when the wind didn't blow we drove to
rainforests, the volcano Arenal, etc. Bring lots of SPF 30+ sunscreen, the
altitude & proximity to the equator will scorch any skin type. If you can get
lycra rash guards I'd recommend it, there are long sleeve, high collar ones
available at "Aquaculture", that's a surf shop on highway 1 between Half Moon
Bay & Montara. I think it was around $20. You might want to try sailing on
the coast, we didn't make it but it's supposed to be pretty good on the
pacific side close to the Nicaragua border (good thing the civil unrest has
died down). Sailing Arenal is very similar to 3rd Ave, port tack jumping,
etc. The water level was a bit low when we were there so the launch was about
200 yards from where the gear was stored. The concessionaires kindly took
gear to the h2o if you asked.
Ciao
B)