Re: Gorge report

From: Will Estes (westes@usc.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Jul 24 1995 - 10:47:50 PDT

From: Will Estes <westes@usc.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: Gorge report
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 1995 10:47:50 -0700 (PDT)

'Robert Novak says:'
> In the last three years that I've sailed the gorge I've seen some trends.
> There a a couple of things I've noticed.
>
> 1. A lot of Northwave Sails. This seems to be the sail of choice for many
> locals.
> 2. Racers like Sailworks and Windwing.

But it is worth mentioning that one of the fastest guys in the world,
and probably the fastest guy in the Gorge - Bob Camp - sails Northwave
race sails. He had set an American record at one point on a *stock*
Northwave race sail.

I use Northwave race sails, and they are my favorite. They have
exceptional high end, as you would expect from any good race sail, but
what makes them the best for me is that they also have a low end (not
a great one, but that they have anything at all on the low end makes
them stand out among other race sails).

Now if only I could get rid of the Bic Tempo and get a board that
planes quickly, and in light wind, I would have a board worthy of those
sails.

Great trip report! Sounds to me like you have the Gorge weather
pattern down to a fine science. I'm quite impressed that you got in
good sailing days while others were probably hanging around town in
Hood River moaning about lack of wind.

--
Will Estes                              U.S. Computer
Internet: westes@usc.com-DeleteThis                POB 3150