Re: what's with the Gorge weather?

From: WindFinder@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Tue Jul 11 1995 - 08:34:23 PDT

Date: Tue, 11 Jul 1995 11:34:23 -0400
From: WindFinder@aol.com-DeleteThis
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: what's with the Gorge weather?

Jeff asks:

So a guy here at work just got back from the gorge and he literally only
sailed
an hour all last week. What gives? What is the macroscopic forecast for
conditions during the last week of Jul & first week of Aug? What's going on
such that conditions are as they are? thanks for any insight,

Mike replies

For the real scoop mail George Mc.Lean at wndsight@gorge.net-DeleteThis
But in a nutshell we have a persistent upper level low off Oregon that is
stopping normal wx in the Gorge. Down here it means that we have had unstable
air and lots of jetstream action which has had a weird combination of sailing
sites going off. Yesterday Bodgeg, Rio, Larkspur, Rod & Gun Crissy and the
Penn. saw periods of good wind.

Mike Godsey