Windsight/Wind_after/CotW Whatsup?

From: Edward W. Scott (shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Jul 10 1995 - 16:27:05 PDT

Date: Mon, 10 Jul 1995 16:27:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Edward W. Scott" <shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Windsight/Wind_after/CotW Whatsup?

OK, so I got the new Windsight SW, and the 3:00 pm report for today says
Crissy at 36. COTW is only reporting 20, and Ken's report was yet another
number. Maybe someone can report on the actual conditions for Monday
afternoon and give an actual number so we can correlate this stuff.

Kudos to Windsight and their prediction for Crissy yesterday. It was
dead on the mark. They reported up and down winds with an early
shutdown, which seemed to coincide with the start of the flood. I had
switched to my 5.5 by the end of the day (185#), and was sufficiently
powered to make it back to the launch. Unfortunately, my friend Jim M.
on his 4.5 did a tour of the Yacht Club. So what phenomenon causes it to
blow like stink on shore, but yet, die completely about 200 yds out?
That was a real trap for the unwary.

Also, anyone sail Oyster/Candlestink? According to Ken's reports it was
hitting 27 just about the time Crissy was dying.

-shrEd
Ed Scott
shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis