Re: Sun 3:00 report

From: Justin Gordon (justin@booza.mcm.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Jul 10 1995 - 09:26:47 PDT

Date: Mon, 10 Jul 1995 09:26:47 -0700
From: justin@booza.mcm.com-DeleteThis (Justin Gordon)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Sun 3:00 report

Jim wrote:
> I sailed Crissy from 3:30-5:30. Unfortunately, the wind was on the
> beach, not on the water. The conditions were marginal at best. I was on
> my 5.8 MW5 and my 8'10" B&J. Never really got wound up, wind was
> spotty. Since breaking my big boom, the biggest sail I can rig now is
> my 5.8 (at my size, that's a problem). Water was mostly flat, which was
> disappointing too. Got a couple of nice jumps off of some boat wakes,
> though.

I sailed Crissy Sunday from 5:15 - 7:15 on a 6.0 Bravo, Sputnik 285 (200 lbs.)
and had an absolutely fabulous time. Due to the flood, the water was super smoothe.
While I was never over-powered or even very fully powered, the flat water and my
big board made it very easy to get on plane. It was sunny, warm, and beautiful.
I had an especially fun time since I hit about 85% of my tacks.

Crissy on Saturday was much windier. I was way powered on my 6.0, Axis 260.

Did anybody sail Rio on Sunday?

Justin