Re: Gorge Trip - CB radios

From: Ken Poulton (poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Jun 16 1995 - 15:29:14 PDT

Date: Fri, 16 Jun 1995 15:29:14 -0700
From: Ken Poulton <poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Gorge Trip - CB radios

A note for driving to the Gorge: get CB radios!

I rarely use mine around here, but it makes coordinating a group of cars
in the road *incredibly* much easier. On I-5, you can talk along the
way, which makes the 12-hour drive much easier to take when you're
driving one to a car. Around the Gorge, they help you keep together and
to talk up and down the river a few miles. In Hood River, it's a lot
easier to make a few stops and then link up again.

You can just go down and get the cheap one at Radio Shack for $50,
or find a used one for even less. Don't leave home without it.

The windsurfers I know with CB's use channel 22.

"Zer are technical zolutions." -- Edward Teller, 1983, on the subject
                                            of nuclear war