Re[2]: Broken Universal & Rescue (long)

From: Karver, Eric (EKarver@CCGATE.SPOT.COM-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Jun 14 1995 - 13:52:01 PDT

Date: Wed, 14 Jun 95 15:52:01 EST
From: EKarver@CCGATE.SPOT.COM-DeleteThis (Karver, Eric)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re[2]: Broken Universal & Rescue (long)

     Agreed. Six weeks ago I failed to check if my two piece mast was fully
     seated after rigging. I have rigged this mast dozens of times without
     incident, yet on my first reach away from Crissy field my mast snapped
     and I endured a rather cold and humiliating swim back to shore.
     Thankfully the tide was flooding and I wasn't too far into the
     channel. I never leave shore now without checking and re-checking all
     of my equipment.

     Eric Karver