Re: How does one carry a pager when WSing ? -Reply -Reply

From: Tom Slattery (TSlattery@macromedia.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Jun 08 1995 - 10:20:09 PDT

Date: Thu, 08 Jun 1995 10:20:09 -0700
From: Tom Slattery <TSlattery@macromedia.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject:  Re: How does one carry a pager when WSing ? -Reply -Reply

How much does COTW cost and do you have to buy certain pager or can I
just use one from my work?

>>> Jim Paugh <James.Paugh@Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis> - 6/8/95 9:13 AM >>>
For the most part, my COTW pager falls silent while I am at Waddell.
The only exception to that is a couple of weekends ago, I received one
wind page while the pager was sitting on my dash. I think this was a
fluke, as it was the only wind page I received, and I knew that most
all the reporting stations were paging during this period. The fog
bank was closing in on Waddell, so I assumed it was a reflection off
of the clouds. But for the most part, my pager doesn't work at
Waddell.

~Jim

> From foote@mri.com-DeleteThis Wed Jun 7 16:04:41 1995
> Date: Wed, 7 Jun 1995 16:02:36 -0700
> Originator: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
> From: foote@mri.com-DeleteThis (William Foote)
> To: Multiple recipients of list <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
> Subject: Re: How does one carry a pager when WSing ? -Reply
> > When I talked to Jim with COTW, he suggested that there are
different
> frequencies available for the pagers. Since I also had to carry a
pager > for work I noticed the COTW pager worked at Waddell buy my
work pager > didn't. I worked with our work pager vendor to get one
I believe with