Re: A good place for novice wave sailing.

From: WindFinder@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Wed Jun 07 1995 - 10:05:40 PDT

Date: Wed, 7 Jun 1995 13:05:40 -0400
From: WindFinder@aol.com-DeleteThis
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: A good place for novice wave sailing.

Hi Will,

I assumed a novice wave sailor would be going with some company. But actually
the waves are so friendly that any advanced bump & jump sailor would have no
problem since the waves are small, the winds strong and the shorebreak tiny.
The biggest problem people have is getting upwind to Tubamancha. Still
because of the sideoffshore winds a full emergency kit is mandatory and a VHF
is recommended.

The windsurfing area is visible at a great distance from the main trails
along the ridge. Just look in the deepest part of the large bight created by
Pt. Reyes near the mouth of Drakes Estero. You can see surf breaking on the
bars over a 1000 feet from shore. Watch carefully and you can see single
waves peeling for hundreds of wards.

Have fun backpacking! Give me a call when you are in the area 1-800-685-9463
(mornings) and I will tell you about some hot spots the area in

Mike Godsey
Windsight