Re: Has 3rd or Coyote been blowing lately?

From: steve shugart (steves@malik.rose.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Jun 01 1995 - 17:53:28 PDT

From: steve shugart <steves@malik.rose.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: Has 3rd or Coyote been blowing lately?
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 95 17:53:28 PDT
Full-Name: steve shugart
Mailer: Elm [revision: 70.85]

> I'm thinking of demoing an 8'2" or 8'6" Seatrend ATV from Wsurf
> Warehouse, and they won't let me take their demo boards to my usual
> sailing spots. Also, if anyone has tried these boards, what were your
> impressions?
>
> Thanks,
> Ben

Hey Ben, Where's those coast reports?

Last summer in the Gorge I tried the 8'2" 8'6" and 8'11". I weigh 176 and am
5'11". The 8'2" is a fast sweet hi-wind board for me. It turns fast and rides
smooth. The 8'6" I found to be a little slow, it has quite a bit of rocker in
it. The 8'11 ATV is a good board for lighter wind 5.0 and up. I bought an
8'11" and really like it, cause I can use it almost anywhere and it handled
up to 30 knots plus this winter at folsom. Folsom winter sailing is very
gusty and you need the volume to carry you through the lulls of storm sailing.
The seatrends are very durable, but a little on the heavy side when compared
ASD and other custom builders.

If I find an 8'2" cheap, I was thinking of buying one for those nuker days
you Bay folks have in spring , the gorge and RIO.

I'm going to the gorge next week and am going to try the Tiga, BIC and
F2 boards and maybe the seatrend again. I'll supply a report if your interested.

Later, Steve