Coast Reports for the Weekend -Reply

From: Ben Cristi (BENJAMIN_CRISTI@novell.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon May 08 1995 - 10:31:04 PDT

Date: Mon, 08 May 1995 11:31:04 -0600
From: Ben Cristi <BENJAMIN_CRISTI@novell.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject:  Coast Reports for the Weekend -Reply

>>> Paul Delzio <pauld@delzio.corp.sgi.com-DeleteThis> 05/08/95 09:47am >>>
First off let me berate the group for not a single posting or interest in the
Weekend Coast Reports...

Give us a chance, some of us have to "work" on the computer before
getting a chance to "play" on it.

Thur -5/4 Waddell
They finished the winners brackets, with Josh Angulo coming out on top.
He was amazing, pulling off clew first back loops in marginal wind. Other
big names included Dave Osborn from Maui, Brian Caserio from central
CA, and Tony Berbieri from the Gorge. 6 women were entered, including
2 who often sail Davenport. I videotaped about 20min worth, mostly
trying to catch the more radical stuff.

I sailed after the contest on a 4.7 planing most of the time, in waist-chest
high surf.

Ditto for Friday except I sailed upwind of the contest area. I think they
finished the losers brackets on friday.

>>>Friday - 5/5/95 - Waddell Creek
The wind was 4.0 at 12:00 noon for the start of the Friday Heats. I sailed
a 5.0 (185lbs) at 2:00 at the southern part of the beach until 5:00. Big
names were present; Josh Anguelo, Ian Boyd, Kai Kat.., Dean
Karnases,.... The competition was intense, with lots of looping (forward
and back), and the usual mouth dropping wave riding,...Waves were
waist-head high.

Ben

ps: Steve Shugart, were you there Friday? I think I saw your truck but
when I returned to my truck around 3pm, "your" truck was gone.