Fri N Sunday Reports

From: Kirk Lindstrom (kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon May 08 1995 - 07:30:23 PDT

Date: Mon, 8 May 1995 07:30:23 -0700
From: Kirk Lindstrom <kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis, wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Fri N Sunday Reports

Friday I sailed 3rd. Jeremey was adding more downhaul to his 3.7 to try
for the channel so I rigged 4.1 Revolution and dared try my RKT
wondering if the lulls were short enough to not sink it. WRONG!
The combo was perfect to scarry when the wind was blowing....car sized
bumps in the water were manageable, but the work to try and bear off and
not sink in the lulls had me worn out after four little runs towards the
channel marker. Decided to come in and it took a half hour as the gusts
seemed to die off. Walked back from the safety egress point downwind of
the beach with forearms that were noodles.

Sat decided to not sail the wimpy forecast or waste a good part of the
afternoon hoping for wind.

Sunday....needed a wind fix and left for Coyote at 11:30. Weird SW
sometimes W wind that kept promising to fill in more NW. By 1:30 it
looked sailable and it was capping hard outside so I rigged my 6.2 on my
floaty 9'6". Sailed until 4ish in Gorge style rip-n-slog fashion, but
had alot of fun. No trouble making up for downwind drift in the gusts
and the lulls weren't too bad, but I did get another forearm workout.
Many wind shifts and many were walking up the beach....still it was
wind. My guess was the wind was 9-29 with most in the 14-24 range.
Still very Westerly and sometimes SW where you sail towards the runway.

Kirk