Re: Gorge Accommodations

From: Will Estes (westes@usc.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon May 01 1995 - 13:24:22 PDT

From: Will Estes <westes@usc.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: Gorge Accommodations
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Mon, 1 May 1995 13:24:22 -0700 (PDT)

'Karver, Eric says:'
> I'm traveling to OR next week for business and will be staying
> overnight in Hood River. Any suggestions on a quaint Bed and
> Breakfast for the Mrs. and I?

I got rave reviews for The Gorge View from Steve Hunt and his
honeymooning honey. Call information for the phone: 503-555-1212.

> Also, what are my chances of getting a good 4.5-5.5 session this
> time of year?

Pretty much certain that you would get at least three such days over a
week (a bad week). That would be considered just a typical day in the
Gorge. Rowena and Doug's would be likely sites just down the road
from you. Doug's can get pretty challenging, with steep ramps.
Rowena is more tame. If you are feeling adventurous, Maryhill is a
field trip, but they get monster ramps and wind when the wind moves
east. I think the more likely problem you would have as a first-time
Gorge visitor is taking a 4.5 out in 2.8 wind and getting beaten up
and humiliated. Of course, that's a nice problem to have too,
sometimes.

--
Thanks,
Will Estes              Internet: westes@usc.com-DeleteThis