Foster City Planning Commission Re:3rd Ave/BV golf

From: LafingGuy@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Fri Apr 28 1995 - 12:34:16 PDT

Date: Fri, 28 Apr 1995 15:34:16 -0400
From: LafingGuy@aol.com-DeleteThis
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Foster City Planning Commission Re:3rd Ave/BV golf

Ok, Jeff you got me, I thought if I told enough people at 3rd I wouldn't have
to do this.

The Meeting last Thursday regarding the new golf course was interesting. The
representative from BV stated their desire to work with the windsurfing
community for our mutual benifit. He also said that the fences couldn't be
that big a wind block or they would blow over. We'll see. Our concerns
regarding access were addressed by Chuck Loucks, the director of public works
for FC, he assured us we would not lose access except for a 4 hour to 2 day
period when they were finishing the junction of the new road to the parking
lot. Regarding more parking, they are open to suggestions for cheap
solutions (maybe have SFBA pay, or volunteer man power to improve site?). The
city as all munincipalities is looking at $ vs the greates benefit to the
town. More FC residents who sail need to get involved with this. Having a
concession which draws revenue for the city will help.
We also discussed the ramp situation with Chuck, he is open to suggestions
and is willing to work on a joint project with sand bagging the ramps. Look
for more on this topic in the future.
Th-Th-TH-Thats all folks!
B)