Tomales & Tuba info

From: WindFinder@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Fri Apr 21 1995 - 10:22:32 PDT

Date: Fri, 21 Apr 1995 13:22:32 -0400
From: WindFinder@aol.com-DeleteThis
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Tomales & Tuba info

We are starting to see Penninsula sailors at Tomales especially on days when
Tubamancha is blown out. Here is a quick summary: Tomales bay has seen
almost 2 weeks of winds in the 2.5 to 4.5 range this April. It has awesome
port ramps on ebbs. The wind is very strong right at the beach so you can use
tiny boards. I weight 185 and can usually use a 7'9" board. The bay is 11
miles long and 1.5 miles wide. A crowded day means 10 sailors. No
developoment along the shoreline. The far side has spectacular deep coves,
white sand beaches, great camping sites and no access by road. The best
launch is at Grassy Point. Drive about 8 miles along the shore until you see
a dirt pullout with a large cypruss tree. there is a small bluff with a
pathway leading to a flat grassy point with wildflowers. Rig there and then
launch from the sandy beach. It is a good place to bring the family since you
can be out of the wind on the beach but still watch.

Winds typically start around noon and get stronger around 3 to 5 in the
afternoon. If the winds do not develop at Tomales nearby Bodega will often
have wind. The Windsight sensor there is dead accurate.

Yes there are great whites in Tomales. No they do not eat sailors. There is a
buoyed in swimming area for kiddies only 4 miles away and so far no missing
kiddies. Perhaps since this is a breeding area sex takes priority over eating
smelly wet suit covered morsels.

You can get the forecast and sensor report on Windsight or call me at home
for more Tomales or Tuba information and a personal forecast.

Mike Godsey
Windsight