Re: spots

From: Ken Poulton (poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Apr 07 1995 - 11:56:47 PDT

Date: Fri, 7 Apr 1995 11:56:47 -0700
From: Ken Poulton <poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re:  spots

> I would like to know which are the best spots in the Bay Area with this
> kind of weather that we are having today....

Today looks to be a south wind day - Pillar Point is one of the best
for such conditions.

Tomorrow we will likely get a NW clearing wind. If so, all the normal
summer sites (Berkeley, Crissy, Coyote) will probably be on.

There is some info on sites in SF_info and in windspeed.info available
from listserv@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis:

=== Files Available ===

You can get various files from the listserv by sending a message to
listserv@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis with the message "get wind_talk <file>" where
<file> is one of these:

    file contents
    SFBA A description of the SF Boardsailing Association
    safety_guide The SFBA safety guide
    SF_info Kirk Lindstrom's FAQ for SF Bay sailing
    archive The whole wind_talk archive. 2 MB in 32 chunks of 66 KB.
    windspeed.info This information file - wind_* FAQ, plus misc SF Bay info

"Faster and faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
                                        -- Hunter S. Thompson