Re: Save 3rd Ave

From: Michael Schuh (schuh@ra-iris.arc.nasa.gov-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Apr 06 1995 - 19:56:39 PDT

Date: Fri, 7 Apr 1995 02:56:39 GMT
From: schuh@ra-iris.arc.nasa.gov-DeleteThis (Michael Schuh)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re:  Save 3rd Ave

As long as the nets are not in the parking lot or rigging area, I do
not see how they will affect the wind between the launch and the channel
or the wind in the channel. They might even help calm the wind in the
rigging area. I do not remember seeing many people sail downwind of the
parking area so what is the problem with 50-100 foot tall nets. If they
can build a golf course and keep or improve the area, this sounds great
to me. So what do you see as the adverse impact of the golf course plan?

Schuh

PS: I just about joined you on Tuesday. But I could not find any other
    data that indicated it was blowing so I stayed at work. Thanks for
    letting us know how it turned out.

========
Michael J. Schuh, MS 237-2 | schuh@ra-iris.arc.nasa.gov-DeleteThis
NASA Ames Research Center | Phone: (415) 604-1460
Moffett Field, CA 94035-1000 | FAX: (415) 604-6990