Re: Mistral Energy Comments?

From: Alain Dumesny (alain@paris.engr.sgi.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Apr 05 1995 - 14:48:53 PDT

Date: Wed, 5 Apr 1995 14:48:53 -0700
From: alain@paris.engr.sgi.com-DeleteThis (Alain Dumesny)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re:  Mistral Energy Comments?

> From: RZM1%PCs%PS@bangate.pge.com-DeleteThis
> To: Multiple recipients of list <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
> Subject: Mistral Energy Comments?
>
> I am considering buying a used Mistral Energy ('91 or '92) because I
> need an inexpensive slalom board for mediocre days on the bay and at Sherman
> Island.

I just bought a brand new 92 model for $450 (from a local shop - with a
blade fin !). This is an incredible value for a $1200-$1600 board.
Check out the sailways mail order place 800-544-9463 (they were in the
$450-550 range for brand new boards - only had XR left - same price as
those really beat up energies I saw at the swap on saturday).
North/Mistral warehouses are dumping those extra boards - I guess they
didn't sale as well as expected.

> I have been told that the Energy is pretty fast, and good upwind, but
> that it doesn't jibe very well. Does anyone have anything else they can add
> to this?

The energy is very fast (replica of Robby wining 91 board) - but have
hard rails, which is harder to jybe. I havn't used my yet, but a good
friend of mine LOVES the way it jybes...Not a board to learn how to jybe
on (so I have been told) but if you know how to...

> Does anyone have a decent (ie good condition, and a thru the hull
> finbox) 9' to 9'3" board for sale?
>
> Thanks,
> Rick Martyn
> rzm1@pge.com-DeleteThis

Alain Dumesny |\ Silicon Graphics Computer Systems
alain@sgi.com-DeleteThis | \ 2011 N. shoreline Bvld MS 1L-545
W - 415-390-5250 | o --- Mountain View, CA 94043
Fax 415-390-6056 |-=|> ----
                     -=========- ....shredding San Francisco....