How to tow!!!

From: Alan Segervall (alans@lan.nsc.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Apr 05 1995 - 06:00:43 PDT

Date: Wed, 5 Apr 95 06:00:43 PDT
From: alans@lan.nsc.com-DeleteThis (Alan Segervall)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: How to tow!!!

I've posted it more than once, the best point to attach the towline is
to your harness hook! All the force from pulling your friend is centered
where the power is --at boom level. You can even hook in and take the load
off your arms. I have used this technique 3 times (from as far out as
mid the channel at 3rd) and it works great!

Just tie a loop on the end of the line and slip it up behind your harness
hook and then over the top of your hook. No knots to untie when you're
done.

If you think about it, attaching the tow line to your rear foot strap is
a bit like having the carpet pulled out from under you every time a gust
hits or your friend causes more drag!

I agree that haveing some "stretch" helps, that's why I use 25' of parachute
cord which is quite stretchy.

Try it!!

Thanks,

Alan