Re: [rec.windsurfing] Rescue on SF Bay or Don't Forget Your Uphaul

From: Robert Novak (robertn@hoodriver.esd.sgi.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Apr 04 1995 - 15:16:11 PDT

From: "Robert Novak" <robertn@hoodriver.esd.sgi.com-DeleteThis>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 1995 15:16:11 -0700
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: [rec.windsurfing] Rescue on SF Bay or Don't Forget Your Uphaul

> Bungee uphaul lines are a useful piece of safety equipment, and I've
> found strapping them between my boom and mast base to be a really convenient
> place to carry it! IMHO, there's just no reason to not carry one.

I found that the bungee uphaul works well in conjuction with a tow line.

I did this once when sail/towed a buddy from the deep water channel at 3rd.

I tied one end of the uphaul to the back footstrap and the other end to the
towline.

This extra "strech" worked great. Especially in gusty winds and choppy water.

see ya

rn

--
Robert Novak  Silicon Graphics Inc   415-390-2603   robertn@sgi.com-DeleteThis
http://hoodriver.esd (SGI only)

"They were doing a full back shot of me in a swimsuit and I thought, Oh my God, I have to be so brave. See, every woman hates herself from behind." -- Cindy Crawford