Re: Monteray Bay Real Time Conditions

From: Kirk Lindstrom (kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Apr 04 1995 - 08:15:31 PDT

Date: Tue, 4 Apr 1995 08:15:31 -0700
From: Kirk Lindstrom <kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: rrh10@eng.amdahl.com-DeleteThis, wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Monteray Bay Real Time Conditions

> By the way can anyone tell me the length and volume of an ASD RKT?
> Bob Hain
My RKT is 8'8" and I think about 80L. It sails much SMALLER than my
8'8" 21 Lb ChallengeFlex and the 'flex has only 158 lbs of flotation.
The thin tail, soft edges, narrow width and large nose rocker make the
RKT sail much more like an 8'2"(I find the Tiga257 and BICs little
wave boards much easier to sail since they are so wide by comparison).
For a heavy weight, it is hard to beat the RKT for control on those days
when spray is being blown off the waves.... Probalby be an awsome board
for everyday use by a 150-180 lb sailor who is agressive and likes to
jump since it is so light and strong with the coremat.

Kirk out
ASD epoxy: 8'8" RKT, 8'11" CS & 9'6" no-nose CS; Mistral CFlex & Malibu
Wt 213#, Ht. 6'0", Usually sail on SF Bay, Cailf.
(kirk_lindstrom@sj.hp.com-DeleteThis)