Re: sailing report

From: Ken Poulton (poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Mar 28 1995 - 11:31:10 PST

Date: Tue, 28 Mar 1995 11:31:10 -0800
From: Ken Poulton <poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: sailing report

Kirk and I sailed Coyote Thursday, Mar 16. It was a bit light for
my 6.2 - I slogged out two miles and slogged back in. Around 5:00
it picked up a bit and we went back out and sailed planing for
about an hour.

We had the normal Coyote summer pattern - picked up around 3:00,
fog behind the airport, windline slowly moving farther offshore
as the clouds appeared further down the ridgeline. After four
months off the water, I was jazzed!

> When giving reports, PLEASE state your weight when you give a board and
> sail size.

I think that most people tend to think of sail sizes in terms of the
"standard windsurfer" from Windsurfing's survey: a 5'10, 180 lb,
30-something, professional, single white male techno-geek. I propose
that you simply try to include specifics if you're much off the
"standard windsurfer".

> When I sail my 6.9 and 9'6" epoxy board, Michael Schuh might have fun on
> his 5.4 and 8'8" epoxy board and Kris might be on her 4.7 and 8'8" epoxy
> board and KenP will be on his 6.2 and waterlogged 9' board (takes a bit
> more wind for him....).

I have addressed part of my light air problem: I now have a '94 7.0
Windwing Race Pro. That ought to get me going, even with 5 lbs of
water in my 9'0.

Now if we can only get some more wind!

Ken "standard windsurfer - 1" + 1 wife + 2 kids" Poulton
poulton@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis

"Now is the winter of our discontent" -- Richard III, Act I, Scene 1, Line 1