Politics, Coyote Point & free beer

From: LafingGuy@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Mon Nov 21 1994 - 23:12:44 PST

Date: Tue, 22 Nov 1994 02:12:44 -0500
From: LafingGuy@aol.com-DeleteThis
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Politics, Coyote Point & free beer

Reluctantly I take pen in hand...
First: you are all hereby sworn to secrecy and agree to abide by the
non-disclosure agreements herein. By opening this posting you signify your
acceptance of this agreement.
Now the secret part, I volunteered (argh I hate this word!) to shoulder Randy
Anderson's load, with the provisio that no one know. Now YOU know and if you
tell anyone I'll be ruint.
OK, I admit it, I was at the Pete's cafe meeting. Lisa & I couldn't pass up
the free beer (I have to divert the blame.) and Randy couldn't make the
meeting. During the open forum discussion someone asked about SFBA and
someone (I don't know who it was, only Lynne & Wendy (hope I spelled that
right Wendy) from Third looked familiar) mentioned that there was some bad
blood between SFBA & USWA. The group seemed to have a lot of interest in just
meeting to socialize. Not a bad idea. The main points were to improve safety,
no one wants the government to tell us what we have to carry to sail. The
subject of liability came up, this will take a lot of study, and how to get
the gear/boat/jetski to the sight. My feeling is that for medical emergencies
we need coast guard help, broken gear is an annoyance but we should be able
to get ourselves in even if it means paddling. (Sorry Ken, you asked.) I
mentioned that Vela was interested in a concession at the Third Ave sight and
the golf course also. FYI Buck has said that he feels that as a vendor
safety at Third would be his responsibility and that he would have either a
wave runner or zodiac at the sight. I'm encouraged by this but I'm not
holding my breath since we don't have an accurate time frame for any of this.

So now you know and if any one breaths a word Agent 99 will be over to see
you!!
Maxwell Smart out