Vela / Baja?

From: kenb@hpindck.cup.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Mon Nov 21 1994 - 09:52:01 PST

To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Vela / Baja?
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 94 09:52:01 -0800
From: kenb@hpindck.cup.hp.com-DeleteThis

I'm thinking that, unlike winters past, I may need a wind fix before next
season. So I'm thinking I might try a week down in Baja. Surely someone
on this list has done one of the Vela package deals down in Baja. In fact,
I seem to recall this got some discussion a while back - of course, I didn't
save it then!

What's the difference between the two hotels they have listed (Playa del Sol
and Palmas De Cortez)? How are they situated relative to a) the sailing sites,
b) local towns, and c) other fun things to do.

And, of course, what's the sailing like? Do they really have enough of "the
good stuff" gear-wise? Are the "daily windsurfing seminars" instructional,
or just a bunch of sailors and people who work there sitting around BSing?

If someone has the previous discussion archived, I'd appreciate you sending
it to me. Any experiences/opinions would be welcomed.

Ken Brown /\ SnailMail: Hewlett-Packard
kenb@cup.hp.com-DeleteThis /\ ..... /\ 19420 Homestead Road
Voice: (408) 447-3089 //\\ @_/ ..... /\ MS 43LT
Fax: (408) 447-3660 //\\ ./K .... //\\ Cupertino CA 95014
                             ^-~-~^ ||

***************** "Who needs some stupid quote here, anyway?" *****************