wed sailing report

From: Bill.Lide@ncal.kaiperm.org-DeleteThis
Date: Fri Nov 18 1994 - 09:30:47 PST

Date: Friday, 18 November 1994 9:04am PT
From: Bill.Lide@ncal.kaiperm.org-DeleteThis
Subject: wed sailing report
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis

Being short on time Wednesday afternoon, I ignored the low water and stayed at
3rd to sail from 3:45 to 4:45. Everyone (the crowd was about 6 sailors)
sailed about 5.0 to 5.3 except me; I rigged a 6.0 to make sure I could get
back in quickly when my time ran out. The wind was very steady but it was
strongest inside the channel marker. This made it necessary to slow down upon
approaching each sand bar.(One quickly figured out why the birds were able to
 walk on the water.)

As Jeff said, it was finger-freezing cold. The water wasn't bad although you
got a little cold from the knees down if you fell in.

Bill