Re: how much neoprene?

From: Ken Poulton (poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Sat Nov 12 1994 - 00:14:55 PST

Date: Sat, 12 Nov 1994 00:14:55 -0800
From: Ken Poulton <poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: how much neoprene?

> ...but am curious as to just how much neoprene folks swath themselves
> with in these sorts of conditions? I have a 4/3 oneil semi-dry. is
> that with booties & a hood enuff for us guys with little body fat?

I sail with a 4/3 steamer year 'round in the bay (and sometimes at the
coast); I wear booties in the winter. When the air temp drops below
around 60, I wear a hood. If the air temp goes below 50, I don't go
out.

I carry my hood with me at all times in case of a breakdown. It's
amazing how fast you cool off once you stop sailing and a hood suddenly
feels very nice to have on.

"A man's got to know his limitations." -- Dirty Harry (Clint Eastwood)